Low Carb Recipe: Lemon and Herb Roasted Turkey Sandwich
To celebrate the warmth of the months ahead, I put together a low carb recipe book with dishes for family and friends to enjoy on a warm sunny day. If you live in Texas, Florida, Spain, Italy, or Mexico – you might as well start cooking now. So dig out the checkered table cloth, Grandma’s picnic basket, scroll down and download 30 low carb recipes. No strings attached.
Lemon and Herb Roasted Turkey Sandwich
What you need:
- 1/4 c lemon juice
- 3 tbsp thyme
- 2 tbsp sage
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 (4-5 lb.) turkey breast
- 2 (16 oz) cans low sodium chicken broth
- 8 slices of low carb bread
- Lettuce leaves
- Wash and pat dry the turkey breast
- Stir together the lemon juice, thyme, sage, pepper, and salt.
- Baste the outside of the turkey with the lemon juice mixture.
- Pour the chicken broth into the bottom of a roasting pan.
- Place the turkey breast into the pan.
- Set the oven temperature to 350 degrees and allow the oven to preheat.
- Bake the turkey 1 hour 35 minutes basting with the lemon juice mixture about every 30 minutes or so.
- The turkey is done when the internal temperature reaches 180 degrees.
- When done cover the turkey with aluminum foil and allow standing 20 minutes before cutting.
- Remove the aluminum foil and the skin from the turkey breast.
- Carve the turkey into nice size slices.
- Spread each piece of bread with the mayonnaise.
- Place a lettuce leaf on 4 bread slices.
- Add the sliced turkey.
- Top with a slice of bread.
Here’s what you get:
1. Toasted Spicy Turkey Sandwich
2. Devilled Eggs by the Seashore
3. Maple and Spice Snack Mix
4. Summertime Ham and Cheese
5. Zucchini and Carrot Combo Salad
6. Not Just Potatoes in My Salad
7. Slightly Sinful Cucumber Salad
8. Quick and Easy Baked Beans
9. Very Berry Picnic Cakes
10. Stewed Rhubarb Applesauce
11. Change My Flavor Extract Cookies
12. Mushroom Onion and Bacon Packed Burgers
13. Picnic Cheese Nibbles
14. Heavenly Cheesecake Squares
15. Creamy Sesame Seed Slaw
16. Extra Kick Summertime Relish
17. Refreshing Cucumber Salad Bowls
18. Apple Cucumber Extravaganza
19. Coconut Chicken Nibbles
20. Festive Picnic Salad
21. Fruity Ham Bundles
22. Lemon and Herb Roasted Turkey Sandwiches
23. Old Fashioned Healthy Drop Biscuits
24. Cauliflower Lemon Vinaigrette Salad
25. Baked Pork Rind Chicken Wings
26. Mama’s Best Picnic Chicken
27. Pecan Rolled Chicken Breasts
28. Gram Gram’s BBQwiches
29. Simply Stuffed Strawberries
30. Tropical Coconut Swizzle