Diet Plan Review: How Does Sensa Really Work?
There are so many diet plans out there, outlining which foods to eat, which to avoid, which supplements to take and what kind of exercises to do. This plan is much different and sounds almost too easy to be true: Sensa Sprinkles.
All it involves is buying this brand of flavor enhancer and dusting it over every meal you eat, and then you can eat everything you normally choose. The sprinkles are supposed to not only enhance the flavor of your food but also stimulate your sensa of smell and thus improve feelings of satiety, so you eat less. Sounds great, but does it actually work?Facts about the Tastant (Sensa) Study
- A six-month study of over 2,436 overweight and obese adults found dramatic weight loss for those participants using tastants (substances that stimulate taste). In fact, the treatment group lost an average of 30.5 lbs., compared to the untreated group who only lost an average of 2 lbs.
- This study, although dramatic, was not the most scientific–the participants were on various diet and exercise regimens and were told not to change these plans if they were already on them. They were told just to sprinkle tastants over their meals. So in other words, some were dieting, some weren’t, some were exercising, some weren’t.
- Again, though the study was large and the difference in weight loss was significant, the total caloric intake of the participants was not measured, so there is no concrete evidence that consuming tastants actually decreased the amount of food eaten.
- Sensa sprinkles may give you weight loss help but are not the be-all-end-all of dieting.
Essentially, Sensa Sprinkles is more of a diet supplement than an actual plan. Because this product is supposed to go with every meal, it might be that extra boost that helps you stick with the diet changes required by other weight loss plans.
Smell and taste are both linked to the satisfaction we get out of a meal, and for most people, a satisfying meal is what is most craved when dieting. This dissatisfaction with bland or restrictive meals is the worst diet saboteur, so adding a little tastant, or sensa, to something like tofu or oatmeal pancakes could work for some of us.
It’s a nice idea anyway… Have you tried this weight loss supplement? Share your experience with other readers by posting in the comments…Sensa Facts
- It contains Maltodextrin, Tricalcium Phosphate, Carmine, FD&C Yellow 5, Silica, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Soy, and Milk Ingredients.
- Does Not Contain Stimulants, MSG, or Drugs.
- It is Gluten-free, Sodium-free, Calorie-free.