Healthy Spirulina Protein Smoothie
This is a great breakfast, it's filling and full of protein so it keeps you going well past lunchtime. Not to mention exceeding the RDIs for HEAPS of nutrients including omega 3, 6 AND 9, essential and non-essential amino acids, calcium, iron, and B12 (the last 2 often lacking in vegan diets
). It's also packed with antioxidants and blood cleansers. I know what I'm on about, I'm a natural therapist. Aside from all that stuff, it tastes WICKED! I know what I'm on about, I'm fussy!INGREDIENTS
WARNING: Extreme healthiness ahead
- 1 banana
- 100 g / 3.5 oz silken tofu
- 1 cup of soy milk
- Add some fresh or frozen berries if you like them
- 2-3 t spirulina powder
- 1-2 t tahini
- 1 T flaxseed oil
- 2 t LSA (linseed, sunflower, almond)
- 2 t maple syrup
- Blend the base, add the disgustingly healthy bits, then blend again and serve.
- Be careful, many have found this smoothie to be addictive.