Common Causes and Herbal Remedies for Headache
Headaches can be caused by the withdrawal of alcoholic drinks or drugs
The results can be varied and the treatment which is commonly tried out is usually symptomatic. These include decongestants, anti-allergic, and analgesics. These are temporary measures and there are risks of side effects with prolonged use. Therefore it is time to delve seriously with Herbal remedies for headaches. These remedies are safe and do not cause any unwanted side effects like the common analgesics which are given for headaches. So the next time when you have a headache and instead of going for any OTC analgesics, give a thought to these herbal remedies for headaches.
- Peppermint: The soothing and cooling effect can act as a counter-irritant and relieve your Headache. You can have peppermint with tea or plain water.
- Cinnamon: Prepare a fine paste of cinnamon and apply it on the forehead for instant relief from headaches. This remedy is still popular in many South Asian countries.
- Water: Drink plenty of water and fluids. Always take at least 10 glasses of water. Water helps to wash off the toxins which are produced in the body as a result of the normal process of metabolism. Accumulation of toxins and dehydration is also a common cause of headaches.
- Massage: It can help to relax the muscles which have gone into a spasm and help to relieve the headaches.
- Aromatherapy: It includes essential oils from scented flowers like lavender, rosemary, lemon, chamomile and rose which can be rubbed on the temples and the forehead and help to provide relief from headaches and migraine.
- Give in to the demands of your body and have proper rest and good sleep.
- Keep a healthy balance between work and rest.